• Employee costs from payroll and other benefits are among the largest costs
in any company other than the Cost of Goods Sold (COGS), rent and
depreciation. This workshop starts with introductions about the departments
of HR and 'accounting and finance' then focuses on the payroll function.
• The workshop goes through the process of preparing and calculating payroll
and includes the controls needed and the pre-checks necessary to make sure
correct data is used.
• The workshop explains how to conduct analysis on payroll and benefits using
• The course ends with ways to prepare budgets for the department and payroll
and benefit costs of the corporation.
The Learning Joureny:
• Explain how the HR and accounting and finance functions contribute
to their success
• Prepare the monthly payroll and review it for accuracy
• Calculate taxes, social insurances, employee benefits, loans
vacations and End of Service Benefits (EOSB)
• Reconcile payroll with accounting and audit the supporting
documents for payments
• Develop monthly and annual payroll budgets
• Design periodic payroll management reports and analysis
Dates: 7,24,21 June